Minutes - PUBS Board of Directors Meeting - March 4, 2018

Minutes - PUBS Board of Directors Meeting – Mar 1, 2018

Kathrin’s Biergarten, Rocklin (or maybe Red Bus, Folsom – stay tuned), 6:30pm

Feb Minutes reviewed and approved

Dave Damian Matt Jeff Mark Kevin Andrew Bud

Last general meeting at Monk’s Cellar. Back to Kathrin’s in April. Damian will check at Brickyard on Eureka Rd.

PUBS Campout Update (July 27 –29, Madrone site, Forbes Creek Campground):

  • Jeff will solicit a coordinator for food/activities at meeting and via meetup.

  • If none by April, Jeff will facilitate

March Presentation:

  • Maybe have Big Mike say a few words about light lagers (if he is up to it).

  • Do a better job of going through commercial sample for judging support/appreciation.

  • Consider having “official” judges (at least 2, one being BJCP certified) in addition to popular vote.


  • Raffle will happen in March

  • We should try the Bingo fundraiser in March

  • Mark will investigate whether beer can be donated for raffle


  • Collaboration with Monk’s Cellar on April 7 th (after BOD meeting, Bud said he could coordinate with Andy).

  • AHA competition April 13-15 at Sudwerks in Davis (looking for volunteers & judges) Dave will send contact.

  • Sacramento Brew-Off (21 st Amendment) May 12 th . Capitol Hop Shop in downtown Sac. No clones, 5 gal brew

  • Brew Day at Jeff’s house on May 19 th

  • A bottle share after June 3 rd (who’s place?)

  • Rocklin Brewfest in June – Bud is investigating how we might participate (pour?)

  • Maybe have next BOD at Red Bus in Folsom


  • Need more donated prizes

  • Mark will investigate whether beer can be donated for raffle


OK. Nothing new

Ideas for club activities:

  • - Sponsor a class at Brewmeister in Roseville. Dave will talk to Eric.

  • - Clones of local Brewery beers. Up to 2 per year (Damian will present).

Competition Style Calendar:

  • March: Light (in color) Lagers

  • April: Scottish/Scotch Ales

  • May: Bock Beers