PUBS Board of Directors Meeting – November 3, 2016

 

  1. Welcome – WBMAB?

 

  1. Operation: UPDATE
    1. Status of any current/on-going business related to board position or SPG in addition to notes requests attached to your name below:
      1. Damien – Secretary
        1. Minutes from Last Month- Tim submitted these as D was absent
        2. Additional Topics?
          1. It was agreed Damien would post and send email letting everyone know it was completed.
      2. Dave/Jeff – Treasurer(s)
        1. Still rougly $3000
        2. Shade strx , stickers and glasses were purchased
        3. Prelim budget should be ready next meeting (Jan)
        4. Time to collect membership dues
          1. Choice of glass or bottle opener if dues paid early
        5. No change to family plan
        6. Gold members pay $50 with 1 glass/opener and tshirt
        7. Members don’t pay sales tax, we will take the small hit
        8. Need to look into a new laptop and projector
      3. Tim – Director of Events
        1. AHA – Learn to Brew
          1. 9 am setup 10am start
          2. $100 for booth
          3. Can park below, don’t need to park in front
          4. Be sure to bring membership applications
        2. Change to Monk’s venue
          1. Nov meeting – 
          2. Dec 3rd party – 7:30
        3. Xmas party limit to $20 white elephant ( 2 steals)
      4. Ginny – Director of PR/Fund Raising 
        1. Xmas ornaments handing from little tree - $3
          1. Bottle openers
        2. Make announcement at general meeting in November to bring cash to the xmas party.
        3. Have we received our new glassware, etc…??
      5. Don – Vice President
        1. Proposed 2017 Competition Schedule
          1. Brewer’s worst
            1. What went wrong?
            2. Monthly?
            3. Possibly just getting feedback not necessarily bad
            4. Call it “Feedback Corner”?
          2. Possible changes
            1. Add ciders/mead
            2. April – change to only pale
            3. Spiced ales and ciders/meads (2 categories)
        2. Talk with Andy on Xmas party – it’s all covered.
  1. Possible Venues
    1. Round Table on Sunset has a large back room and they are friendly about letting people use it.  Need to check viability
    2. Dave and Busters is a good backup

 

  1. 2017 Board
      1. President
      2. VP – Chris Couture
      3. Secretary – Damien Lawrence
      4. Membership – Anne
      5. Treasurer – Dave and Jeff if no-one else volunteers
      6. Activity – Don 
      7. PR - ?

 

  1. New Business Not Incl. on Agenda
    1. Future goal that all board members give 1 presentation
    2. Possible cider collaboration with Pismo Beach Cidery