PUBS Board of Directors Meeting 6/2/2016
Meeting Started: 6:45pm
Present: Jason Williamson, Dave Long, Tim Dozier, Jeff Jacobs, Damien Lawrence, Paul and Ginny Moreau, Joe Gorman, Chris.
Last Month’s Minutes: Voted to approve unanimously.
Treasury Report: (Dave Long and Jeff Jacobs)
- Current Balance is approx. $3300 + petty cash.
- Upcoming expenses: NCHF
- Membership fees will be reduced to $15 for remainder of calendar year
Merchandising (Chris Mattox): Ginny Moreau had several quotes for glassware for club including growlers, tulip glasses, and bottle openers. Staying with the current design was the general opinion. Ginny was double checking some prices.
NCHF Update: (Tim Dozier) Volunteer committees coming together. Booth Design shown by Dave Long and Jeff Jacobs Red House using PVC and Styrofoam boards painted and decorated.
Beers for Event: Would like to have 9 beers total for event.
- Dave Long Belgian Golden Strong,
- JW Dubbel,
- Jeff Jacobs Belgian Blonde,
- Don Isbell Saison,
- Tim Dozier Belgian White IPA,
- Damien Lawrence Belgian Cider
- Belgian Dark
Food for Event: Ginny shared several recipes that sounded great. Three finalists were:
- Endive Salad
It was thought sampling some of these at JW’s brew day would be a good idea.
Food for Campsite: Friday night should be a BYO BBQ. People are to bring whatever they would like to BBQ with some extra to share. A potluck of side dishes should give enough food
Number of People Attending: Approx 20, probably need Jeff has reserved three campsites. Jeff, Chris and Dave volunteered to go Thursday and reserve camping spots. We could use three EZ-up tents to be brought.
It was suggested that we have a Brew Day at JW’s to develop some recipes for event.
Brewers Summit: September 9th-10th, Club to host booth demonstrating homebrew equipment and ingredients with interactive demonstration of brewing onsite with electric brew system, volunteered by Joe Gorman. We need to continue to promote event on our facebook page.
State Fair: July 8-24 Looking for people to take the booth, need to know by June 11th
Rocklin Brewfest: August 1st week (exact date not known) more info to follow
Brewer’s Calendar: (Don Isbell) not present
Educational: Current format of offering educational components was well received. Possible suggestions for future topics:
- Beersmith - chosen for June meeting
- Hitting target gravities (covered by beersmith)
- Utilizing Brewer’s Friend website
- Build out on kettle
Storage Access: Thanks to Karen for getting a great deal for our storage. We need 3 or more key copies or 5 keys with a new lock. Club access permission possibilities were discussed.
State Fair Winners: We need to take time to recognize the winners in June Meeting
Communication Channels: email vs messenger were discussed. Decided to stick with email but it was suggested that if something was important, messenger should be utilized as well.
New Board Venues:
- Craft Beer Vault
- Owl Club
- Old Towne Pizza
- Where are we going?: Do we want to continue to run the meetings as we are or do we want to switch things up with the nightly competition and presentations? The Board were surveyed about what they would like out of the club
- Become better brewers
- Be more social
- More educational days
- Social events- such as beer tours
- Keep the same but find a way to speed up meetings
- Each table gets 2-3 beers and best of show comes from there
- Benefits of being a Gold Member (insert Austin Powers joke here…) were discussed. Should they get special mugs or a T-shirt. No real decisions made.