P. U. B. S. Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 9/5/2013
Location: Owl Club, Roseville Next Board Meeting: October 3rd @ 6:30 PM – Location: Out of Bounds, Rocklin Next General Meeting: October 17th @ 6:30 – Location: Owl Club, Roseville
Attendees: Mark Law, Tim Dozier, Don Isbel, Dagan Henderson, Rick and Cynthia Lee, Chris Kuhn, Nikki McCargar, Mike Moore, Jeff Jacobs and David Long
Mark Law called the meeting to order at approximately 6:35 PM.
Owl Club: Mark Vespoli (Owl Club Owner) spoke to the Board about the rules that need to be followed for us to continue to meet at the Owl Club. Mark is very happy with the club meeting there, but we need to enforce some rules, so he clarified them for us:
1) Only homebrewed competition beers can be brought to the meeting. 2) Commercial labels must be removed from containers, or covered. 3) No beer leaves the building – must be drank or dumped. 4) All competition beers need to be checked in and left with the Cellarmaster. 5) All containers must leave with the person who brought them. 6) No serving alcohol to minors.
PUBS Board of Directors Elections
September is election month – our first one! The following individual have been nominated to the 2014 Board:
President – Tim Dozier Vice President – David Long Secretary – Niki McCargar Treasurer – Jeff Jacobs Communications and Membership – Dagan Henderson and Don Isbell Public Relations and Fundraising – Cynthia Lee Activities Director – Rick Lee and Josh Denton
Note: Dagan and Don, as well as Rick and Josh are running for Co-Directorships. They are not running against each other. All nominated individuals are running unopposed at this time.
Club Competition Brewing Schedule:
October – European Amber Lager (Vienna Lager, Oktoberfest/Marzen) November – Freestyle (Enter anything you want!) December – Spiced and Specialty Beers January – Strong Ales and Barleywines February – Porters and Stouts
- September – Jeremy Warren of Knee Deep Brewing Company.
- Pursuing Charlie Bamforth, Jamil Zainasheff, and Tasty McDole as guest speakers.
- The board voted unanimously to cover Cynthia Lee’s ($80) expenses for the Hot Summer Ales Competition. The event grossed approximately $210.
- The Board voted unanimously to spend $200 for new PUBS logoed tee shirts.
- Placer Beerfest and Homebrew Competition will be held in Roseville on September 28th. There is a homebrew competition associated with this festival, and the board is encouraging all PUBS members to enter their beers. Entries are limited to Pale Ales, IPA’s, Stouts and Specialty Beers.
- Xmas party with GCBA will be held the 14th of December at American River Brewing Company. The board is looking into renting a limo for members who are attending.
- Some other ideas being thrown around: BeerSmith Class, Food/Beer Pair Party, Bike Dog bike ride, Der Bier Garden visit, Do-it-yourself seminar (Sac Beer Week).
- The PUBS booth is ready for NCHF. Some very generous members of the club covered the cost for the Booth and Kezer. Keith Beers, Don Isbel and Dagan Henderson donated $50 each, David Long donated wood for the framing and Jeff Jacobs donated the chest freezer. Rick and Cynthia Lee provided Booth decorations and labor. No funds were taken for the general fund.
Monthly Club Competition winners please remember to submit your recipes to David Long (firstname.lastname@example.org), so that he can post them to our recipe site. BeerSmith form preferred, but other formats are ok too.
- American Pale Ale is now available on the PUBS website!
- Dagan Henderson approached David Long to add a new segment to the PUBSCast focusing on brewing techniques, ingredients and hardware. David agreed to a monthly segment. Start date has yet to be determined.
October 17th Meeting: European Amber Lagers (Vienna/Oktoberfest/Marzen) will be the style of the month. Looking forward to judging several great beers!
Mark Law brought meeting to a close at approximately 9:10.
Cheers, David Long (email@example.com) PUBS Secretary