P. U. B. S. Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 10/3/2013
Location: Whole Foods, Roseville Next Board Meeting: November 7th @ 6:30 PM – Location: Whole Foods, Roseville Next General Meeting: November 21st @ 6:30 – Location: Owl Club, Roseville
Attendees: Mark Law, Tim Dozier, Rick and Cynthia Lee, Jeff Jacobs, Josh Denton, Steve Dalberg, Mark Schindler and David Long
Mark Law called the meeting to order at approximately 6:40 PM.
PUBS Board of Directors Elections (David):
The official election results was presented to the board. There were no objections to the results, so they are considered correct and final. The following individuals were elected by majority vote as follows, and will begin their term starting January 1, 2014:
President – Tim Dozier Vice President – David Long Secretary – Niki McCargar Treasurer – Jeff Jacobs Communications and Membership – Dagan Henderson and Don Isbell Public Relations and Fundraising – Cynthia Lee Activities Director – Rick Lee and Josh Denton
Note: Dagan and Don, as well as Rick and Josh will share the Directorship.
Club Competition Brewing Schedule (Tim):
October – European Amber Lager (Vienna Lager, Oktoberfest/Marzen) November – Freestyle (Enter anything you want!) No Brewers Choice this month. December – Spiced and Specialty Beers February – Porters and Stouts
Guest Speakers (Josh):
- September – Scott Marks of California Brewers Association.
- Pursuing Charlie Bamforth, Jamil Zainasheff, and Tasty McDole as guest speakers.
- Don Isbell was not present, so there was not a report from the Treasurer.
501(C)(3) Update (Mark Schindler) – The group was updated on the progress towards our 501 (C)(3) status. The Exempt application for the California Franchise Tax Board has been submitted and he will soon submit the Form 1023 to the Feds. He thought it would be a good idea to create a “Conflict of Interest Policy” for the Board of Directors to help the process along. The Board agreed. He presented a draft copy to the Board, and will send out a proposed draft to all Directors for review and approval.
Club Activities (Cynthia/Steve Dalberg/David):
- November 2nd is AHA’s “Teach a Friend to Brew Day”. The Brewmeister is sponsoring a brew day at the Folsom Store. Check their website for more information.
- Steve Dalberg will be hosting a brew day at his house on November 16th. Come on out and have a beer with us. Rumor has it that Jeremy Warren of Knee Deep might be joining us. More info to come.
- The PUBS Extreme Stout Competition is happening soon. Registration will open December 13th, and the competition will be held either January 11th or the 18th. Entry price will be $15/entry.
- Boos and Brews Competition. October 26th at the Colusa Casino. Entries for the homebrew competition will be limited to German Lagers, Cyders, Stouts and Mead only. Come on out and join the fun! Cash prizes will be awarded to the winners of each style category.
- Xmas party with GCBA will be held the 14th of December at American River Brewing Company. The board is looking into renting a limo for members who are attending.
- Some other ideas being thrown around: BeerSmith Class, Food/Beer Pair Party, Bike Dog bike ride, Der Bier Garden visit, Do-it-yourself seminar (Sac Beer Week).
Recipe Site: Monthly Club Competition winners please remember to submit your recipes to David Long (email@example.com), so that he can post them to our recipe site. BeerSmith form preferred, but other formats are ok too.
- Indian Pale Ale is now available on the PUBS website!
- Steve Dalberg suggested that we (PUBS) start organizing some brewing experiments to help the club learn about different the aspects of brewing. This was well received from the Board, and will be looked into.
- Cynthia suggested that we sponsor a homebrew competition with local professional brewers where the professional brewer would have to brew the competition beer on a homebrewer’s system. We could also turn it into a Pro Am competition. This could be a very fun event.
The meeting was brought to a close at approximately 8:37.
Cheers, David Long (firstname.lastname@example.org) PUBS Secretary